This week, my heart has been heavy. Heavy with thoughts of my friends in Houston and the surrounding areas of Texas that have been affected by Hurricane Harvey. As a former resident of Houston, I just cringe thinking of some of my favorite haunts that are now under water or are completely destroyed.
So, if you have been experiencing anxiety like me this week, then it’s time we check out some of the best de-stressing yoga retreats.
As a beginning yoga student recovering from back issues, I find some classes downright intimidating, so I’ve combed the internet to find you 5 good places for all levels.
- The Shoshoni Yoga Retreat Center located in the beautiful Colorado Rockies is a great place for beginners.
Not only do they cater to all ages, it’s a fairly close trek to Colorado from most places in the US, so you don’t need to fly to an exotic location to experience all the goodness that yoga retreats have to offer. Not a lot of bells and whistles here, but get ready to experience the peace and tranquility of the mountains.
- Looking to combine a vacation to a tropical paradise with a centering yoga retreat? Then, check out the beautiful property at the Hacienda Del Sol in Costa Rica. As an all-inclusive wellness center, they also offer other retreats such as juice cleanse retreats and weight loss retreats.
- Ok, this one really peaked my interest. If you’re a food lover like me AND want to burn off those calories in a serene setting, then the Yummy Arts Yoga Retreats organization will feed your soul and body.
They have several locations featured in Mallorca and Madrid coming up this fall, so there’s still time to book one of these yummy retreats.
- An article on yoga and wellness retreats would not be complete without mentioning the famous Miraval Resort in Sedona, Arizona.
Known for it’s stunning desert property surrounded by red rocks, they are celebrating National Yoga Month all month of September. With unique classes such as equine yoga and candlelight yoga, you’re sure to find the class and schedule that will nourish and refresh.
- Finally, my spirit would find the most peace and happiness in the Caribbean, so a trip to Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Center in Nassau, Bahamas would fit the bill nicely. Located on the tranquil waters of the Caribbean Sea, Sivananda has been around for 50 years, recharging travelers and visitors from the inside out.
So, there you have it. Always remember, it’s important to stop and take time to rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit- it’s the only one you’ve got! Have you been to a yoga retreat before? I’d love to hear your thoughts!