Maison & Objet Paris 2016 has come and gone and the world keeps turning. That bitterness of not going has slowly crept into the cold medicine daze I am feeling today. I mean who needs Paris during one of the most amazing times of the year surrounded by the most beautiful decor in the world? Well….maybe anyone in their right mind.
So I figured the next best thing was to give people a rundown on why this event is so epic every year.
- It brings the best in design together in the fashion and design mecca of the world. Although some Italians might disagree with me.
- Top designers get to feel like the stars they are because truth be told we might be living in a world that is just monochrome without their vision.
- If you get any type of honor at this event it opens the doors to the European market and you get to put the award on your website j/k.
- It coincides with the first weeks of school in the US so most parents get a “Get Out of Jail Free” card.
- All the big magazines will be there like Architectural Digest, Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Editor at Large and Traditional Home.
Now I know what you are thinking trade shows tend to be a bit of a drag but trust me these events are like re-birth of Studio 52. I was at the HDExpo a few years back and at 3 on the nose all the rolling bars hit the floor and it went a bit crazy. Perfect timing for all those people whose feet are just killing them and need to relax. So I can only image what Paris is doing this year. For all your parties and event look no further than this calendar of events.
Wait did I say it was over? It actually goes till the 10th of September so you could grab the first red eye out to Paris and enjoy the end of show parties. Myself I will be buying some Brie and opening a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and toasting all those designers that make the world a more beautiful place to live!