You know what gets me more excited than gaining new Instagram followers? ( I know, I have no life) I geek out when new wine makers follow me! Lately, I’ve been glued to my Instagram account in search of awesome wineries and vineyards across the world which has led me to create my own “wine and champagne bucket list”.
Most of these are hard to find in the US, but that shouldn’t stop you from trying or ordering them online.
- Gik Blue Wine. Yes, I said blue wine. I’ve been hounding the heck out of these guys to send me a bottle for review, but I just can’t wait to tell the world about it. The unique color of course is stunning, but I am sure it will be just as delicious to the palette as it is beautiful to the eyes.
- The Hidden Sea Wine. Ok, you got me. This one is purely because I stinking LOVE the bottle and label! Located in Australia, they certainly have a great philosophy behind their business, even donating $2 for every case sold to protect the earth’s remaining wild places. I certainly hope their wine lives up to my high expectations, but if it doesn’t, I know my money is going towards a cause I can believe in.
- Slo Down Sexual Chocolate. I know, I know – sheesh, it’s gotta be a gimmick, right? However, this wine actually made the Vinepair’s Top Wines of 2016 list, so this is a must!
- Rats! I was just here last year and didn’t get to try the Wilson Creek Almond Sparkling Wine. They say it’s available at CostCo, so maybe I will have my chance soon! With a hint of almond flavor, it’s a favorite at wedding receptions these days.
- Rounding out my top 5 desires is the Veuve Cliquot, well because, it’s Veuve Cliquot. I have to try this! I’ll save up for Dom Perrignon in my next lifetime, but this would be a great bottle to tide me over.
I hope this list was thought provoking and be sure to enjoy your wine responsibly this summer!