Your story is a way of sharing photos and videos with your followers that disappear after 24 hours. To share a photo or video to your story:
- Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo from your phone’s library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen. You can also:
- Tap Boomerang at the bottom of the screen, then tap the circle to take a burst of photos that loops forward and backward.
- To record a video that plays in reverse, first tap Rewind at the bottom of the screen. From there, tap and hold to take a video, or tap once to record hands-free.
- Swipe left then tap Hands-Free at the bottom of the screen to take a video without having to tap and hold.
- To record a video that automatically zooms in on an object and plays a dramatic sound, tap Superzoom at the bottom of the screen. Tap anywhere on the screen to select an area or object to zoom in on, then tap the circle to start recording.
- Swipe left then tap Stop-Motion to make a video using a series of individual photos. Tap the circle to take your first photo, then keep tapping to take additional photos. You can tap and hold the last photo you’ve taken to see an overlay preview and align your next photo. When you’re finished, tap Done to see your stop-motion video.
- Tap , or to draw, add text or a sticker to your photo or video. Tap Undo to remove a drawing effect or Done to save it. To remove text or a sticker, drag and drop it on at the bottom of the screen.
Instagram LIVE Videos
You can share a live video to connect with your followers in real time. Once a live video has ended, it’s no longer visible in the app, unless you share a replay of it to your story.
To start a live video:
- Tap in the top left of the screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap Live at the bottom of the screen, then tap Start Live Video.
- The number of viewers appears at the top of the screen and comments appear at the bottom. Tap Comment to add a comment, and tap and hold a comment to pin it to the top so that viewers can see it more easily.
- To turn comments off, tap then select Turn Off Commenting. Keep in mind that any keyword filters you’ve turned on will also apply to comments on your live video.
- When you’re done, tap End in the top right then tap to confirm. From there, you can tap Save in the top right to save it to your camera roll, or share it to your story.
Designer Sandra FunkDesigner Sandra Funk