If you want your home (or your summer beach house) to make you feel like summer lasts all year, then try using these 5 tips to update your design style. Everyone thinks of cool colors and casual vibes when they imagine a beach house, so embrace simplicity. However, a lot of trends now are changing up the traditional beach-house look, adding an eclectic mix of modern and rustic furnishings, throwing in some warm textures, and going for sandy palettes. The bonus is that this kind of décor works all year round.
- Embrace Natural Elements – Warm, natural-looking furniture and room accessories help keep that casual beach-house vibe. Shop for hand-spun hemp rugs, rough-hewn wooden tables, and open-weave lounge chairs for every room in the house.
- Go for Lighter Color Palettes – Light colors create the breezy and tropical look of sky, sand, and sea. Plus, it really helps open concept houses look bigger and brighter. Choose white and natural wooden furniture and cabinetry, paired with beautiful white walls, and breezy accessories with bright accents. Light blue and clear table accessories look gorgeous with bright plants around the room to add pops of life and color.
- Rethink Rattan – Rattan armchairs combine laid-back and polished styles for a nice contemporary yet traditional feel. Their texture adds a nice feel to a room too, especially when combined with a vintage table or bedroom furniture.
- Play with Patterns – Graphic and vibrant prints add life to a room with a monotonous white and wood palette. Add personality and dimension to your space with uniquely patterned quilts or throw pillows.
- Add a Little Whimsy to Top Off Your Style – It’s the little things that can make all the difference, so don’t be afraid to play around with beachy or Hawaiian accessories to add character to your home. Add beaded curtains to doorways, or leave out straw hats for visitors at your next get-together.